Finding Affordable Housing for People with Disabilities in Hawaii

The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program provides rental assistance to low-income individuals and families. The HCV program offers “tenant-based rentals” and is administered by the Existing Housing Division of Hawaii County, of the Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD). These programs are designed to help low-income families find safe and affordable housing in the private market. If you are a veteran or have a disability, you may be eligible for special rental assistance programs. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has allocated funds to Hawaii County to manage housing voucher programs.

Contact your local public housing agency for information about your eligibility and to apply for a NED voucher and other housing assistance. The Existing Housing Division of the Hawaii County Office of Housing and Community Development offers a variety of services for people with disabilities. These include programs for low-income homeowners to ensure that their homes are safe and healthy, as well as programs to ensure that affordable housing and related programs offered by the City are accessible and available to people with disabilities. If you're under 62 and have a disability, you may be able to apply for a disabled nonelderly (NED) voucher. This voucher can help you find and pay for affordable private rental housing. The Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly known as Section 8) is the federal government's primary program to help very low-income families, the elderly, and people with disabilities afford decent, safe, and hygienic housing in the private market.

Leave Message

Required fields are marked *