Affordable Housing Assistance in Hawaii: Types and How to Apply

Are you looking for assistance with rental payments on affordable housing in Hawaii? There are several types of assistance available, and the process of applying for them can vary. In this article, we'll discuss the different types of assistance available, how to apply for them, and other helpful information.

Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)

- To apply for any type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA). The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development requires the creation of a Coordinated Entry System (CES) that streamlines the processes of evaluating and offering programs and housing for the homeless.

FUP Vouchers

- FUP vouchers are limited to 36 months of housing assistance and allow young people to rent decent, safe, and hygienic housing in the private housing market.

Permanent Supportive Housing - Permanent Supportive Housing provides long-term affordable housing assistance and case management for families and people with the greatest needs. It provides pre- and post-rental housing counseling and housing placement services to families who qualify for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and receive a new Section 8 voucher or those who are transitioning from homelessness to permanent housing.

Master Leasing Program

- We also offer a master leasing program for landlords who believe that everyone should have access to affordable housing. To apply for any of these types of assistance, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building you are interested in.

Leave Message

Required fields are marked *